with V-Soy Low Sugar
A perfect dish for your next lunch/dinner with family at home. It’s super easy and quick to make!
Makes 2 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 5 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 340g fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 6 garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 400ml V-Soy Low Sugar
- 240ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh parsley, minced, to taste
- Season the chicken all over with 1½ teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side for 4-5 minutes more, until golden brown. Remove from the pan, set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once at a rolling boil, generously salt the water then add the fettuccine. Cook according to the package instructions. Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the shallots and garlic, season with a pinch of salt, and cook until the shallot is translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and whisk for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Add the V-Soy and
chicken stock. Bring up to a low boil and cook for about 1 minute, then reduce the heat to low-medium and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and season with the remaining 2 teaspoons salt and 1½ teaspoons pepper.
- Add the fettuccine into the pan and stir well.
- Divide the pasta between bowls and top with the chicken. Garnish with parsley and serve.